Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Myth Craze

Why do tales of fantastic creatures and extraordinary civilizations fascinate us so much? Why are fairy tales so addictive, or for that matter the futuristic sci-fi novels equally absorbing? If you are as infatuated with the plethora of mythology and world of fantasy as I am then join me on this fun ride!

Let’s explore the history of mythology to begin with. I plan to write this in parts:
Part I – The world of "invented" mythology
Part II – "Discovery" of fantastic creatures
Part III – Folklore and its impact
Part IV – Religion & mythology
Part V – Culture and Mythology – Emphasis on Indian and Greek mythology
Part VI – Science & mythology
Part VII – Where does "myth" end and "reality" begin

The human mind never ceases to amaze! So look out for part I coming soo.

No comments: